Presenters, please take note of the following AV guidelines as you prepare for your presentations.
Each presentation room will be equipped with:
- A screen and projector or a large TV monitor
- All projectors will have VGA input and the TV monitors will have HDMI
- A podium
Some rooms have:
- Speakers to allow playing audio and video
Note: If you have previously notified us that your presentation requires audio or video, then we have assigned you to a room with audio/video capability. If you have not requested audio/video and require it, please contact Jessica VandenBergh at Hoopla Communications (firstname.lastname@example.org or 773-486-6920), but we cannot guarantee that you will be placed in a room that can accommodate audio.
Presenters are required to provide:
- Your own laptop computer to show your presentation to the audience, as well as a copy of your presentation on a USB stick
- Appropriate projector adapter (e.g., Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter)
Note: Some spaces will have built-in computers for projection, while most will require use of a personal laptop. To reduce confusion, we ask that you come prepared for either possibility. Additionally, please do not rely solely Google slides (or other cloud-based sharing) as we will all be using a public Wifi network and bandwidth may vary. If possible, please have your presentation downloaded to your computer before your session.
Additional guidelines for preparing your presentations:
- We strongly encourage you to use one laptop for the entire session to avoid any time delays and technical challenges switching computers mid-presentation. Please coordinate with co-presenters accordingly.
- Please review the slide guidelines in our Accessibility Guide to make sure your presentation is as accommodating to all DPLAfest attendees as possible.
- We encourage you to share slides or other presentation materials with attendees (before, during, or after the conference) by uploading materials to your session using your Sched profile.